Fly Fishing Holidays for Sea Trout & Salmon on The River Earn and Tay
The River Earn is a renowned river for both sea trout fishing and salmon fishing. It flows through Comrie and then Crieff on its way to the bottom of the Tay estuary below Perth. At The Royal we are fortunate enough to be able to offer quality salmon and sea trout fishing holidays at Lochlane and Laggan. River manager John Young looks after some of the most enjoyable fishing in Perthshire. This private stretch of four 3 rod beats offers good sea trout fishing from April onwards with some salmon.
Whilst September and October offer prime salmon fishing. John is always willing to accompany flyfishing beginners and introduce them to the delights of a sea trout fishing holiday. The Royal can also offer salmon fishing on the rivers Tay and Teith. If your love of fly fishing includes large still waters and lochs then Loch Earn and other hill lochs are also very accessible.
If you are fly fishing from The River Earn do remember our luxury self catering holiday cottage in Comrie . Melville House was designed with sea trout fishing in mind, allowing people to fish all night and come and go as they wish. However you won’t miss out on all the luxury and convenience of the hotel situated right on your doorstep! Many of our clients also use The Royal as a stop over destination en route or returning from other fly fishing destinations in Scotland.
- Lochlane and Laggan private beats River Earn with John Young. Sea Trout fishing and Salmon fishing available from just £25 per day per rod.
- Comrie Angling Club, sea trout and salmon River Earn and Ruchill from £10.00 per rod. Brown Trout £7
- Crieff Angling Club, sea trout and salmon River Earn from £15 per day per rod
- River Tay Salmon Fishing on various beats from £20 – £500 per day per rod.
- River Teith salmon and sea trout from £20 – £60 per rod per day.
Enjoy spectacular fly fishing holidays in Perthshire.
Amid the splendid wild Scottish scenery, experience the tranquility and excitement of fly fishing. Fishing Beauly
Perthshire has a range of angling options, from magnificent large rivers to tranquil still water loch fishing.
The Milsom Family are all keen fly fishermen and hence The Royal is an extremely fisher friendly place to stay!!