The Royal is justly proud of its reputation for running a noted Perthshire restaurant as well as a hotel.
The Royal offers classic style Brasserie food served in the restaurants and Lounge Bar. Our style is simply to allow the food to do the talking. Good fresh ingredients; many sourced locally, allied to sound cooking techniques give delicious classic dishes with a modern twist. The superb quality of the food has not gone unnoticed, with the Hotel consecutively holding an AA rosette award for the past twenty years. We also have a fantastic award winning wine list compiled by Rhys Turner Sommelier/General Manager. With many bottles sourced by ourselves during our travels in France and Italy!
The restaurant; serving classic brasserie styled food, itself is an embodiment of the Hotels charm, comfort and elegance. As we are a small hotel our staff are drawn locally from Comrie itself which lends a genuine scottish ambience to the atmosphere. During the summer, the walled garden with its al fresco tables makes the perfect place for Pimms and a light salad. During Winter the glorious crackling log fire and the aroma of mulled wine offer a perfect respite after walking in the glens on a crisp frosty day.
Thursday & Friday : Food Served 5pm to 9pm – Lounge Bar Open for drinks: 3pm to 10pm
Saturday: Food Served 12 noon to 9pm – Lounge Bar Open for drinks: 12 noon to 11pm
Sunday: Food Served 12 noon to 8pm – Lounge Bar Open for drinks: 12 noon to 9pm
To help us operate under the Covid-19 guidance for Hospitality if you wish to dine with us we would encourage you to pre book in advance. Please call 01764 679200 for reservations.
Please note at the moment; due to the on going restrictions and guidance for operating under Covid-19 protocols, regrettably our Restaurants & Lounge Bar will be Closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Covid-19 Operating Protocols
Covid -19 Operating Protocols:
The health and safety of both our team and our guests is paramount. We have developed and implemented new ways of working and operating, alongside stringent hygiene procedures, based on government and industry bodies advice and guidance.
Things may feel a little different, but we have worked very hard to create a safe environment for everyone – and also importantly one where you can relax and still enjoy the pleasures of dining out. We are still smiling behind our masks and are really pleased to see you! We appreciate your support and custom during these challenging and difficult times.
Following the recent update and guidance from the Scottish Government please note the following:
- Tables are now limited to a maximum size of six people, from two households (excluding children under 12)
- Face Coverings are mandatory when entering the Hotel and whilst moving about the building.
- Please enter at the front door of the Hotel, where our staff will meet and welcome you and show you to your table.
- If a queue has formed at the ENTRANCE, please observe 2m physical distancing guidelines.
- We encourage advanced booking and will stagger arrival times to assist with physical distancing rules. Please arrive as close as possible to your allocated time slot.
- ALL TABLES/SEATING WILL BE LAID OUT 1 METRE or MORE APART AND TABLES MUST NOT BE MOVED.
- Please remain seated at your table unless visiting the toilet. Full Table service will be in operation.
- Please respect and observe physical distancing at all times.
- We kindly request that guests do not visit the Hotel if they are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 however mild they are.
- Please note All guests will be temperature checked on arrival at The Hotel.
- Test & Protect: In line with the Government’s Test and Protect programme, we require full contact details for the person making the reservation/ or one main contact for walk in tables, which will be stored in compliance with GDPR policy and deleted in 21 days, unless you agree to opt into our marketing database.
- Please note: Dogs are welcome in the Lounge Bar, but will be required to be kept on a lead and under control at all times to avoid contact with other guests.
The award winning team use fresh local produce, prepared with skill and flair to create delicious classic dishes with a modern twist, complemented by an extensive wine list.